Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Space Bunnies?


So, there was a joke made in my bio bit about space bunnies. While not on the top of my "to do" list I cannot let an idea pass without considering it. The quick doodle to the right was done minutes after reading the comments and then snapped by camera phone (I'm at the office). It's by not means what a final space bunny design would look like, but it does demonstrate a way to take the key features of "bunny" and working them into something alien.

I was thinking that an alien like this might not even be a true mammal. It would be some alien life form. The "ears" might not be part of its anatomy at all and could be simply sensory extension on the battle armor or even modified into some sort of thruster for a jump pack. Of course, it could also be armored housings for some sort of sensory organ attached to the back.

Enjoy!

-Eli


7 comments:

  1. "A bunny rabbit? Gee George, I always wanted a bunny rabbit. I'd hug him and squeeze him and pet him, and stroke his little bill.?! Hey wait! Bunny rabbits don't have bill!" Sorry Eli. Couldn't help myself, but seriously, Space Bunnies would be AWESOME!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What do you think of the design?

    -Eli

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the design - when I saw the sketch I though "flea", which could be a nickname for this species if they have a hopping gait like jackrabbits or kangaroos. They could be a marsupial species, if you want to keep them warm-blooded but different from mammals.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just happen to know that an assault carrot happens to exist. You didn't show it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eli, I love the design! That as a mini would ROCK!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Please make this into a thing. It's wrong in all the right ways.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it!!!
    Ok now show us the Drop Bear droptroops....
    ..... yes I know I'm gready like that ;-)

    ReplyDelete